Topics

What is a newsletter swap

Daryl Devore

So,  I finally got organized on StoryOrigins and I actually have some people who have subscribed to my newsletter. Colour me flabbergasted.

Anyway - in the simplest, most untechnical terms you can - what the heck is a newsletter swap?

Daryl Devoré
Sensual escapism where sexy men meet strong-willed women.

Sierra Brave

Basically, you mention their book in your NL and they mention yours (book cover and link)

The tutorial videos are tops, but it's sort of like this:

Start at the author dashboard.

1) Set up campaign dates for when your newsletter will go out.
2) Look under newsletter swap and use the tags (probably romance and steamy for you) to find newsletters that will have readers similar to yours. 3) Find a match and click to ask for a swap.
4) Pick a date and which of their books you will mention in your NL.
5) Once they agree, they will show under that campaign date and you mention put the cover and buy link in your newsletter that you committed to. They should do the same. It's up to you if you want to include 1 guest per newsletter or 10. I suggest something between 1 to 5 depending how much you have to go that week. The group promos are nice too.

If you want to grow your newsletter, set up a freebie reader magnet and put it in any of the matching giveaway promos. My readership has doubled in the few months since I've joined.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 7:54 PM Daryl Devore via groups.io <daryl.devore=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
So,  I finally got organized on StoryOrigins and I actually have some people who have subscribed to my newsletter. Colour me flabbergasted.

Anyway - in the simplest, most untechnical terms you can - what the heck is a newsletter swap?

Daryl Devoré
Sensual escapism where sexy men meet strong-willed women.

Margo Bond Collins

Daryl: If you want to practice creating a swap, feel free to "apply" for one of my NLs--I have one coming up Friday and it's under my name. Play around with the NL swap feature and I'll accept it; that way you can see how it works. I'll happily include your book in my NL, too, but it can be a no-stress practice run for you.

~Margo

Margo Bond Collins
New York Times Bestselling Author

~ Aim for the Heart ~