Topics

Social Media schedule program/app #HelpNeeded

Rebecca

Hi,

Sorry if this posts twice. I've checked the group and it's not there.

I'm looking at social media scheduling app/programs. I'm looking for a good app that will let me schedule days or a week in advance. Has anyone here used PosttoPlan or SocialQ? They're both on appsumo with lifetime deals, but I haven't had experience with them before. If you have an alternative suggestion or any experience with either of the two apps, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Kris Bock

I haven't tried either of those, but with HootSuite changing their free plan so you can only schedule five posts at a time, I think I will. Anyone who is not yet signed up with  AppSumo to see their deals, use this link to sign up for  AppSumo and you and I will both get $10 to spend with them.

Then search for the program names.

(If other people use  AppSumo and want to share their links for $10 off, go for it! You don't only need to use mine, but since it gets you a discount I wanted to offer it. In your account, at the top of the page, there's a button that says "GET $10" which will give your personal link.)

Get The Furrever Friends Sweet Romance series on Amazon, free with KU.
New! Felony Melanie and the Big Smashup: A Sweet Home Alabama romantic comedy novel. Visit the Amazon series page for Felony Melanie.
Writing for children as Chris Eboch

I got SocialBee from them but haven't set it up. AppSumo gets really great deals. Ask first if X program integrates with anything you use regularly. I wanted a really great contest program, but after emailing the company, I discovered they don't offer an integration to Mailerlite and have no immediate plans to. No use to me at all and would have been a waste of money. So look into what connects to what first.

Join Kayelle's Keepers www.facebook.com/groups/KayellesKeepers

Annette

I've been using Buffer, but I'm not a heavy user. It's free, but only allows one account. It's pretty easy. I'll give you one caveat: if posting videos to FB, they take a LONG time to post and might get overlooked.

Imogene Nix

I use Buffer and pay for the Pro subscription. It actually has a plug in that works with Wordpress and with my upcoming studies I wanted something that meant I didn't have to manually schedule everything.

It allows me to schedule Insta, Twitter & various Facebook groups, pages and the profile, so it's worthwhile for me. It costs $15AUD a month.

I'm also working on a free buffer for authors booklet which I plan on making available through my website soon, showing how to set up your account, set up postings, set your timeszones and so on.

If anyone would like a look at the working doc, I'm happy to send ti through.

Rebecca

Thank you for the advice, Kayelle! Yes, I'm looking into integrations because I want everything to be as simple and as fast as possible.

Rebecca

Rebecca

Thank you, Annette. I used the free version of Hootsuite until recently, but they changed their policy and now only allow scheduling for 5 posts at a time starting soon so I'm looking for an alternative. Buffer is on my list.

Rebecca

Thank you, Imogene! Yes, Buffer was on my list from the first because even though I'd never used it, I knew of it and had heard good things about it.

Rebecca

JL Peridot

Bummer to hear about the Hootsuite free plan changing. I suppose they're trying to incentivise signups, but I don't love the experience of using their platform enough to warrant what they charge per month.

Thank you for creating this thread, though, Rebecca. I decided to give Postoplan's free account a go and was quite impressed. Their Lifetime deal seems like great value, plus that cheaper price from AppSumo. (I tried getting Kris's $10-off deal too, but something went wrong with my App/Sumo signup and it didn't trigger—sorry, Kris! If anyone else tries it, I hope it works for you!)

Well, I was convinced anyway. I was using both Hootsuite and Buffer for different projects, and hadn't considered changing, but am now signed up for Postoplan, have moved all my Hootsuite scheduled posts over, and am now doing the same with my Buffer scheduled posts. It'll be nice to consolidate all the social media accounts and projects I manage under one login I can afford ☺️

Postoplan isn't as smooth as Buffer when you're clicking around, uploading files, etc. But I like that they're a young operation (founded in 2018), which makes me think they'll be competitive in terms of price and value. And I'm seeing all these little touches in their communication that make me feel like I'm supporting a good bunch who'll get better over time (eg. they share their dev roadmap via Trello, they're very generous with limits, they cite wanting to create a good user experience as their motivation for creating the platform). I mean, it could all be corporate codswallop, but it was enough to get me over the line.

Here's hoping they don't suddenly fold because Murphy's Law 😅🤞

Kris Bock

Sorry the $10 off didn't work out. Here's the link again, if anyone wants to try it. It's only for new AppSumo customers. They have some good programs/apps for social media scheduling, financial tracking, etc.

http://fbuy.me/v/chriseboch_2

Get The Furrever Friends Sweet Romance series on Amazon, free with KU.
New! Felony Melanie and the Big Smashup: A Sweet Home Alabama romantic comedy novel. Visit the Amazon series page for Felony Melanie.
Writing for children as Chris Eboch

Rebecca

Hi J L,

You're welcome. MFRW is always a great place to get advice so it's my go to place. PosttoPlan was the one I chose as well. And it's different,  but I put some of that to just new-to-me user interface.

Yes, I did give some thought to what if they fold since they are relatively new, but if I can get six months from it, it will be worth it. I would spend more than I paid on the lifetime deal through appsumo if I did a monthly plan for six months.

I also like the positive and want to make a better experience attitude in what I read about it. Maybe it's all pr. It certainly did it's job and sold me on it.