Topics

Reviewers

Shiela

Is anyone else being bombarded with reviewers emails? In the past week, I’ve received 4. Last week 3.They all practically say the same thing, just worded differently.

Shiela Stewart

Paranormal Romance with a bite

www.shielastewart.com

Victoria Jayne

Ha!

Nah! I had that a while ago though

Thank you,

Victoria Jayne

https://www.authorvictoriajayne.com

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 12:28 PM Shiela <shielas@...> wrote:

Is anyone else being bombarded with reviewers emails? In the past week, I’ve received 4. Last week 3.They all practically say the same thing, just worded differently.

Shiela Stewart

Paranormal Romance with a bite

www.shielastewart.com

Miriam Newman

Yes, I have had a number of those since I've had a number books out lately.  Generally speaking, they have proven worthless and I'm actually more concerned that they are simply trying to get copies of books

Miriam

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 12:28 PM Shiela <shielas@...> wrote:
Is anyone else being bombarded with reviewers emails? In the past week, I’ve received 4. Last week 3.They all practically say the same thing, just worded differently.

Shiela Stewart
Paranormal Romance with a bite

Fiona McGier

Yeah, I keep getting these regularly. I agree with Miriam--I think they just want free books--they're home during the pandemic, and bored.

--
Fiona

Blog and Website: http://www.fionamcgier.com
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fionamcgier--Download 1st 20% of my books free!
Free Download: Prescription For Love: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/18367

The Real Cie

That was happening to me about six months ago. I just deleted them. I think it would be better to look for reviews within the group or with one of the book tour services. I don't trust these unsolicited emails.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:28 AM Shiela <shielas@...> wrote:

Is anyone else being bombarded with reviewers emails? In the past week, I’ve received 4. Last week 3.They all practically say the same thing, just worded differently.

Shiela Stewart

Paranormal Romance with a bite

www.shielastewart.com

Shiela

That was my thought as well. Also, that they might resell it.

Shiela Stewart

Paranormal Romance with a bite

www.shielastewart.com

Yes, I have had a number of those since I've had a number books out lately.  Generally speaking, they have proven worthless and I'm actually more concerned that they are simply trying to get copies of books

Miriam

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 12:28 PM Shiela <shielas@...> wrote:

Is anyone else being bombarded with reviewers emails? In the past week, I’ve received 4. Last week 3.They all practically say the same thing, just worded differently.

Shiela Stewart

Paranormal Romance with a bite

Shiela

When I got the first one, I thought about contacting them. Then I forgot about it until I got two more. Glad I didn’t.

Shiela Stewart

Paranormal Romance with a bite

www.shielastewart.com

That was happening to me about six months ago. I just deleted them. I think it would be better to look for reviews within the group or with one of the book tour services. I don't trust these unsolicited emails.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:28 AM Shiela <shielas@...> wrote:

Is anyone else being bombarded with reviewers emails? In the past week, I’ve received 4. Last week 3.They all practically say the same thing, just worded differently.

Shiela Stewart

Paranormal Romance with a bite

www.shielastewart.com

--

Vicky Burkholder

Legitimate reviewers should not be emailing you asking for books.
I’m a reviewer and have been for going on thirty years for various publications, newsletters, and blogs and I have never had to ask for books. I get more than I can handle sometimes - most real reviewers do. I am more than happy to review books for anyone who asks me - and let them know I will get to it as soon as I can, but neither I nor anyone who reviews on my site has ever had to write an author and ask to review their book.

Vicky Burkholder
Http://www.sparklingbookreviews.com
Http://burkholv.wordpress.com
Http://thewholeshebangsite.wordpress.com

On Nov 13, 2020, at 11:18 AM, Shiela <shielas@...> wrote:

That was my thought as well. Also, that they might resell it.

Shiela Stewart

Paranormal Romance with a bite

www.shielastewart.com

Yes, I have had a number of those since I've had a number books out lately.  Generally speaking, they have proven worthless and I'm actually more concerned that they are simply trying to get copies of books

Miriam

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 12:28 PM Shiela <shielas@...> wrote:

Is anyone else being bombarded with reviewers emails? In the past week, I’ve received 4. Last week 3.They all practically say the same thing, just worded differently.

Shiela Stewart

Paranormal Romance with a bite

Barb Caffrey

It's one thing if you are a known reviewer, and someone asks you to review their book. It's another for someone to ask for books when you don't know who they are, much less why they want a copy.

I have -- in my previous time as a reviewer -- asked one and only one person for hard copies of books that she'd sent via PDF. At the time, I was recovering from bronchitis, and I found it much easier to read/review with a hard copy of the book than a PDF. (This was prior to me getting a Kindle, I think.)

Anyway, that person had already sent me the PDF copies of her books and I'd reviewed two already. I ended up reviewing six books (which is what she's put out so far), but I only requested the one in a hard copy format. And I was pleased she sent it.

I echo what others have said here that a legitimate reviewer does not need, and usually does not even want, copies of your books. Unless it's a very unusual situation -- and those will come by once in a blue moon, I suppose -- authors go _to_ the reviewer. They don't get mass e-mails from supposed reviewers asking for free books.

Barb

Yes, I have had a number of those since I've had a number books out lately.  Generally speaking, they have proven worthless and I'm actually more concerned that they are simply trying to get copies of books

Miriam

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 12:28 PM Shiela <shielas@...> wrote:
Is anyone else being bombarded with reviewers emails? In the past week, I’ve received 4. Last week 3.They all practically say the same thing, just worded differently.

Shiela Stewart
Paranormal Romance with a bite

Victoria Jayne

Hi!

All the Bloggers that have reviewed my books, I have approached personally.

And I have a massive list... If you are a paranormal romance author, I don't mind sharing my list of book bloggers I've approached. Not all have answered, but you may get a better result than I did

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

The Real Cie

Authors from this group are always welcome to ask me to promote your book. All I need is your media kit or a prepared post using blogger-friendly HTML. You can email me at chartley65@... but I do get a lot of emails (many of them junk) so I might miss it. You can also leave me a comment at http://ornerybookemporium.blogspot.com so I can get back to you.
I'm always amenable to doing book promos, blitzes, guest posts, or cover reveals. I'll do reviews if I'm not under pressure to have it done by a certain date. I have a lot going on and reviews obviously take longer than the other types of posts because (obviously) I have to take time to read the book.
Cie

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 7:28 PM Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:
Hi!

All the Bloggers that have reviewed my books, I have approached personally.

And I have a massive list... If you are a paranormal romance author, I don't mind sharing my list of book bloggers I've approached. Not all have answered, but you may get a better result than I did

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

Sierra Brave

I'd love to have a copy of the list if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks,
---Sierra xoxo

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 9:28 PM Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:
Hi!

All the Bloggers that have reviewed my books, I have approached personally.

And I have a massive list... If you are a paranormal romance author, I don't mind sharing my list of book bloggers I've approached. Not all have answered, but you may get a better result than I did

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

Hi Victoria, I write paranormal romance, I'd be interested in your list if you don't mind sharing it or some of it... I too approach all reviewers personally.

Alice

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 2:28 AM Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:
Hi!

All the Bloggers that have reviewed my books, I have approached personally.

And I have a massive list... If you are a paranormal romance author, I don't mind sharing my list of book bloggers I've approached. Not all have answered, but you may get a better result than I did

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

--
Alice Renaud
“Magic comes from the Heart”

MERMAIDS MARRY IN GREEN - "Exciting, adventurous, swimming in passion..." Goodreads & Bookbub 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUSIC FOR A MERMAN - 5 STAR REVIEWS
A MERMAN'S CHOICE - 5 STAR REVIEWS

Katherine Eddinger Smits

Hi Victoria,
I write paranormal romance and would love a copy of your list of Bloggers.

Katherine Eddinger Smits
Spellbinding stories of mythical, mystical, magical fantasy and romance

Water Dreams
Water Desires
The Sea Witch and the Mage
Siren Descending

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 9:28 PM Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:
Hi!

All the Bloggers that have reviewed my books, I have approached personally.

And I have a massive list... If you are a paranormal romance author, I don't mind sharing my list of book bloggers I've approached. Not all have answered, but you may get a better result than I did

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

Ruth Seitelman

Hi -

I write time travel and would LOVE your list. Thanks!

Ruth A. Casie
USA Today Bestselling Romance Author
Website Email
Social icon Social icon Social icon Social icon Social icon Social icon Social icon

Augustina Van Hoven

I write paranormal romance and would love a copy of our list.

Augustina Van Hoven

Proving Love is Strange

Love Through Time Series

A New Frontier Series

The Tovenaar Series

Website  FaceBook  Twitter  Pinterest

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 7:28 PM Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:

Hi!

All the Bloggers that have reviewed my books, I have approached personally.

And I have a massive list... If you are a paranormal romance author, I don't mind sharing my list of book bloggers I've approached. Not all have answered, but you may get a better result than I did

--

Thank you,

Victoria Jayne

Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

Jennifer Noseworthy

I would also love the list. I am 80% done with the first draft of my very first PNR shifter romance. I'm so excited.  Thank you for sharing.

Victoria Jayne

I will send everyone who asks the list privately, I don't wanna bog the group down with multiple sendings. It's an excel file, and will send when my daughter takes a nap

Thank you,

Victoria Jayne

https://www.authorvictoriajayne.com

Kris Anne

This list is geared only toward paranormal bloggers? Its very kind if you to share this. I write dark romance but not paranormal.

Kris Anne Dean -Author

Dark and Dangerous Desires (Mafia, Menacing and MC)

Website: http://bit.ly/KrisAnneDean-DarkRomance

Facebook Page: http://bit.ly/krisAnneDeanFBPage

Instagram: http://bit.ly/KADInstagram

On Nov 14, 2020, at 11:14 AM, Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:

I will send everyone who asks the list privately, I don't wanna bog the group down with multiple sendings. It's an excel file, and will send when my daughter takes a nap

Thank you,

Victoria Jayne

https://www.authorvictoriajayne.com

Victoria Jayne

Yes.

As I write paranormal romance, the bloggers I requested reviews from reviewed paranormal romance