Question about Windows 10

Tina Donahue

Hey all -

I purchased Windows 10 in March of this year - 365 for 3 computers - from BestBuy (GeekSquad)..

Today, while I was writing, I got a prompt from Microsoft saying that my Windows 10 is deactivated.

I called Geek Squad because I have the platinum package with them. That said, it's an hour and a half wait to talk to anyone.

Has anyone experienced Windows 10 deactivating on its own? I read on the net that this happens sometimes.

If it happened to you, how did you fix it? The product key Microsoft is showing in the prompt is not the same product key I have on my receipt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

Lisabet Sarai

Jeez, Tina. You seem to have the worst luck with computers.

I left Windows for Linux fifteen years ago, and have never looked back.

Good luck!

Warmly,
Lisabet

--
One look from him and I melt. One word, and I’m on my knees.

THE UNDERSTUDY: ACTS OF SUBMISSION
Steamy BDSM erotic romance by Lisabet Sarai
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092VYT8DN
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1080182

*Imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Visit Lisabet Sarai's Fantasy Factory - http://www.lisabetsarai.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/408adebmmagaehsewadauqyazauyb/click.php )
Venture Beyond Romance - http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/82a84ebmjapaehsewarauqyagauyb/click.php )
Follow me on Twitter: @lisabetsarai ( https://ymlptr1.com/25594ebmbanaehsewazauqyarauyb/click.php )*

Tina Donahue

Thanks, Lisabet.

Before I called the Geek Squad yesterday, I looked online to see if this issue with Win10 was common. It is. Happens all the time because Microsoft products suck. However, we're all stuck with them because everyone is forced to use them.

I simply wanted to know from the Geek Squad if NOT being able to activate it again was a big deal as in no updates, etc. I got two different opinions on that. Soooo, I went back to Google. Apparently, the only thing I can't do is change the wallpaper on my desktop and personalize some things that I don't care about (that's straight from Microsoft on the web). You'd think an 'expert' from Geek Squad would know that, wouldn't you?

Tina

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 6:16 AM Lisabet Sarai <lisabet@...> wrote:
[...]

Alice Weidner

Tina,
Were you able to get it reactivated? I had this problem on my laptop a couple times and there is a way to do it, but it's been a few years since the last time
and I can't remember how I reached the Reactivate button or whatever.  I'd just been blindly trying to find the issue and after about an hour it popped up. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Good luck, Alice

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 9:27 AM Tina Donahue <tinadonahuebooks@...> wrote:
Thanks, Lisabet.

Before I called the Geek Squad yesterday, I looked online to see if this issue with Win10 was common. It is. Happens all the time because Microsoft products suck. However, we're all stuck with them because everyone is forced to use them.

I simply wanted to know from the Geek Squad if NOT being able to activate it again was a big deal as in no updates, etc. I got two different opinions on that. Soooo, I went back to Google. Apparently, the only thing I can't do is change the wallpaper on my desktop and personalize some things that I don't care about (that's straight from Microsoft on the web). You'd think an 'expert' from Geek Squad would know that, wouldn't you?

Tina

Tina Donahue

Thanks, Alice.

I tried yesterday to put my product key back into the prompt that comes up, but as of right now Windows still isn't activated.

I keep getting a message that says the administrator server isn't activated (or something like that). I looked that up on the net and it means that Microsoft is having trouble with their servers. I'll try again today to put the key back in - dunno if it'll work.

Frankly, as long as my updates come through, I really don't care about personalizing Windows (one of the features of having it activated according to the net).

I also read that scores of people in the US, UK, Japan, and Korea are experiencing the same problem. Yesterday, when I called the Geek Patrol there was a 2 hour wait to get someone to speak to me. That's never happened before.

Tina

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 8:25 AM Alice Weidner <lavadamarvin@...> wrote:
[...]

_._,_._,_

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

Alice Weidner

Sounds like You're on it. Frustrating to have to wait and wonder though. Alice

On Wed, May 12, 2021, 11:56 AM Tina Donahue <tinadonahuebooks@...> wrote:
[...]

So true, Alice.

I spent a ton of money to get the top service from Geek Squad. The guys I spoke to yesterday said I'd have to actually bring my computer into Best Buy to have the Geek Squad get the product key back in. I'm 25 miles away from Best Buy, meaning 50 miles round trip with gas more than $4 a gallon. Plus, I'd have to wait for the fix or come back and spend more time/gas.

I pointed out that Best Buy used the net to put in the product key the first time. They couldn't take over my computer while it's in my home to do that again since both of them did take over my computer yesterday to work on it? I know. I watched what they were doing from their stations in India while I was in Palm Springs. Neither had an acceptable answer.

Tina