Topics

Question about sharing MeWe posts on Twitter

Tina Donahue

Hey all -

Every day I share my blog posts on Twitter - absolutely no problem.

I also share posts from my MeWe group - Authors Sharing Authors. Didn't have a problem there either, until the last few days.

The character limits are well below what Twitter allows, yet they're pinking out most of the tweets and won't let them be shared. See below screenshot.

Anyone else having this same problem? Anyone know what's up or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

image.png

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

Daryl Devore

I took out the # and then Twitter let me post. The link was still pink (sorry that rhymed).  I even tried rewriting the post - but as you said - Twitter wouldn't accept the whole thing even though it is under the number of characters.
This has happened a couple of times.

Daryl Devoré
Sensual escapism where sexy men meet strong-willed women.

On Saturday, November 14, 2020, 11:23:19 a.m. EST, Tina Donahue <tinadonahuebooks@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Daryl. Wow, that's weird. When I retweet from my website, I have a ton of #s in the tweet. That's never stopped them from accepting it.

Maybe someone at Twitter is playing around with the backend and screwed things up. I know Blogger (since it instituted it's 'new, improved' backend) has been screwing up constantly.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 9:10 AM Daryl Devore via groups.io <daryl.devore=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

M. S. Spencer

I just joined MeWe and I'm trying to find my way around it. I'd appreciate any tips!

--

M. S. Spencer Tale Spinner

Latest Release: Orion's Foot: Myth, Mystery, & Romance in the Amazon

Blog  Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn

--

M. S. Spencer Tale Spinner

Latest Release: Orion’s Foot: Myth Mystery & Romance in the Amazon

Blog  Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Pinterest  Linked In

Seelie Kay

Frankly, I found MeWe totally frustrating. After posting my profile, I received so many messages from men that I finally took it down. I am teetering on that great divide between middle-age and senior citizenship. I thought I left that nonsense behind! :)

Seelie

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 3:43 PM M. S. Spencer <msspencerauthor@...> wrote:
I just joined MeWe and I'm trying to find my way around it. I'd appreciate any tips!

--

M. S. Spencer Tale Spinner

Latest Release: Orion's Foot: Myth, Mystery, & Romance in the Amazon

Blog  Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn

--

M. S. Spencer Tale Spinner

Latest Release: Orion’s Foot: Myth Mystery & Romance in the Amazon

Blog  Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Pinterest  Linked In

--
Seelie Kay
"Sizzling stories about lawyers in love, with a dash of kink!"
Follow Seelie on Facebook and Twitter!

Tina Donahue

M.S. - MeWe works pretty much like FB.There are romance groups you can join and you can create your own group(s).

If you want to post anything on a group, (even a comment, I believe), be sure to click on the large arrow at the bottom right of the post. If you don't, the post/comment will show up for you but no one else. There's also a setting you can use where the post/comment goes live if you hit 'enter', but you have to set the post/comment up for that.

If you want to share a post, there's a share button - it has a drop down menu that shows your timeline. It also shows groups you belong to.

In order to tag someone in a post, you have to use the @ before their name, otherwise the name won't tag. If you're connected with them on MeWe, their name will come up when you start to type it. If you're not connected, you'll have to type the whole name.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 1:43 PM M. S. Spencer <msspencerauthor@...> wrote:
[...]

Victoria Jayne

I looked into mewe, and what I didn't like about it is that it had set up accounts for people and entities themselves to appear as though they have done this those entities had done it. They then take content from other social media feeds and post it on mewe so it looks like they're active. To pad their user base.

It just seems shady to me

Thank you,

Victoria Jayne

https://www.authorvictoriajayne.com

Tina Donahue

Frankly, I don't think any SM is shadier than FB. They banned me from sharing my cover art for a menage I wrote (via Evernight - a recognized publisher). FB said it was 'against community standards' and if I posted it again they'd ban me forever. Wow, talk about pearl clutching over a romance. Funny thing though, the week before their so-called objections, I shared a reverse harem all over FB in the private groups I belong to. Three guys, one woman on the cover. Not one word from them. The difference between the reverse harem and the menage was the menage was interracial.

I asked other authors and they said they also had difficulty sharing interracial romances on FB. Yet FB lets militia groups gather on their site to plan their 'protests'. Kyle Rittenhouse joined one group and that's where they planned the 'protest' where he shot two innocent unarmed people in Kenosha.

I left FB. I'd never go back.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 3:17 PM Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:
[...]

I am the moderator of a critique group on MeWe. We used to be at yahoo until they shut down the ability to store chapters for critiquing.

We have a private page where we can store our chapters in a files section - where we can post in sort of the main page of the group and where we can do chats along the side. To get to the group we don't go to the main page of MeWe. I have no idea what is going on there.

I scoured through the groups and found a bunch that are writer related or book promotion type groups and joined those. I rarely go - except for the same group that Tina D is in.

I have the opposite problem of getting friend requests from guys - because most people think I am male - Daryl is a female name - old Celtic (the name - not me) - I get stupid emails from women - it's not MeWe's, FB's or Twitter's fault -  it is society's fault. I laugh - delete and move on.

The part about MeWe I do like is that it is in their mandate that they will never sell our information. And I have never seen an ad.

On Saturday, November 14, 2020, 7:05:13 p.m. EST, Tina Donahue <tinadonahuebooks@...> wrote:

[...]

Daryl - When I first joined MeWe, I got a ton of requests from guys. I simply deleted/blocked them. They never came back thankfully. I haven't had a request in months.

I used to get the same junk on FB. Again, I deleted and blocked them and they stopped coming.

I never accept a friend request anywhere unless it's from a woman. I also check to see their timeline. If they just started it and have zip info about themselves I block them.

SM is like VM. I ONLY interact with those I know on SM. For my phone, I never answer it. If it goes to VM, I delete anything that's not from someone I know. Most who are calling me for other purposes (selling me something, surveys - especially during elections), rarely leave messages after the first time.

Works for me. :)

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 6:56 AM Daryl Devore via groups.io <daryl.devore=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Christina Lambert

Has anyone else noticed advertising on twitter has gotten difficult lately as well? My ads keep getting denied for what they say is political content. It was a short description of a paranormal romance novel. The characters weren't doing anything inappropriate and there was nothing political. Then I get a message from twitter after I ask for help that basically says they don't review every request for help personally, so basically they won't look into anything and are large enough to not have to really care.
Soooo, anybody have any good advertising sources, ideas that are not twitter or fb?
Thanks in advance

Tina Donahue

Whoa, Christina - that's awful. I've never advertised on Twitter - or FB for that matter.

For recent releases, I've relied on Goddess Fish, Silver Dagger, and other tour groups. I've also bought ads via TRS (The Romance Studio). In addition, I send my media kit to those authors I've hosted on my site. I also run Rafflecopters for the releases. The giveaways, at least, drags readers to my site where the banner headline is of my latest release.

I'd love to buy a BookBub ad, but OMG, they are seriously expensive.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:55 AM Christina Lambert via groups.io <christinalynnlambert=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Ophelia Kee

I have successfully driven traffic to my website using pinterest.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020, 1:55 PM Christina Lambert via groups.io <christinalynnlambert=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Has anyone else noticed advertising on twitter has gotten difficult lately as well? My ads keep getting denied for what they say is political content. It was a short description of a paranormal romance novel. The characters weren't doing anything inappropriate and there was nothing political. Then I get a message from twitter after I ask for help that basically says they don't review every request for help personally, so basically they won't look into anything and are large enough to not have to really care.
Soooo, anybody have any good advertising sources, ideas that are not twitter or fb?
Thanks in advance

Tina Donahue

Ophelia -

How do you do that? I've had pinterest forever and rarely use it. I occasionally remember to post new covers and buy links, but that's it.

How can you tell it's driving traffic to your website? Frankly, I'd forgotten about it, but if it's working for you, I might try it again.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 6:00 PM Ophelia Kee <opheliakee69@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info. I'm just starting on MeWe and trying to get my bearings. Nice that there are book groups. Would it be appropriate to make announcements (like an upcoming release) on MeWe or do they frown on that?

--

M. S. Spencer Tale Spinner

Latest Release: Orion's Foot: Myth, Mystery, & Romance in the Amazon

Blog  Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn

--

M. S. Spencer Tale Spinner

Latest Release: Orion’s Foot: Myth Mystery & Romance in the Amazon

Blog  Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Pinterest  Linked In

Tina Donahue

I share my daily blog posts, which are strictly promo on other authors' releases, and news on my releases all the time on MeWe. They've never said a word.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 1:33 PM M. S. Spencer <msspencerauthor@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tina! A lot of good info!

Christina Lambert

Thank you Ophelia!