Topics

newsletter systems

Kris Bock

I've been pleased with SendFox, and it is pretty much unbeatable for price:

SendFox, $49 LIFETIME (that's a one-time payment) for up to 5000 contacts, $10 each additional 1K.
https://sendfox.com/invite/10d5g3

I've used SendFox for a while now and like it. It doesn't have some of the fancy layout options of MailChimp or Mailer Lite, but that makes it easier to put together the newsletters. It's fine for photos, links, text, etc., and you can have multiple newsletters for different audiences, set up landing pages for people to sign up, etc. They keep adding new features.

Use this link and you should get 10% off by going through AppSumo if it's your first AppSumo purchase.
http://fbuy.me/v/chriseboch_2
You'll have to search for SendFox once you're there.

NEW! Felony Melanie in Pageant Pandemonium: A Sweet Home Alabama romantic comedy novel, available in paperback and at ebook retailers
The Furrever Friends Sweet Romance series - books as cozy as a purring cat. Get them on Amazon, free with KU.
Writing for children as Chris Eboch

Tracey Cramer-Kelly

Just wanted to share my "experiment" with SendFox.

Every email I sent went into the spam folder. Every one. No matter what I did, i.e. changed the subject, used fewer links in the body, fewer pictures. Nothing helped.

I reached out to tech support and was told I needed to something more than just "authenticate" my domain name (which I've done with other providers namely Mailerlite and Mailchimp in the past). It had something to do with the DNS and coding that had to be added at the domain registration level (in my case, GoDaddy). I tried several times to get that to work. I even hit up bluehost (my web site's hosting company) tech support for help. It was not straightfoward. Not simple. Very "techie"... and even with their suggestions, I never did get it to work.

Given that, I couldn't justify using SendFox. It doesn't matter how cheap it is, if your emails aren't getting into subscriber's in-boxes. I'm sticking with Mailerlite.

--
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
Heroes with a Touch of Vulnerability

Mary Caelsto

That is DKIM and is something that every major email provider uses. You must authenticate your domain. I'm not sure how your website is setup, but if you're using domain based email then you should have DKIM set up automatically and in fact, most hosts make sure this is done when you purchase your domain name and hosting package for your website.

Mary

Author of women's fiction & fantasy as Mary Kit Caelsto
Are you a Muse Star? Join me for free stories + extras
Check it out at www.marykitcaelsto.com

Owner/Founder of Epona Author Solutions. Helping authors who just want to run free with technical, administrative, and coaching assistance (including editing & book formatting).
Get your free gift at EponaAuthorSolutions.com

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 7:08 PM Tracey Cramer-Kelly <tcktalk@...> wrote:
[...]

Cathleen Ross

Thanks for the feedback on sendfox. I was just about to sign up.
Cathleen Ross

Tracey Cramer-Kelly

This was something beyond just authenticating your domain name (which as I noted in the post, is something I've done and not hard to do).
This was something additional that SendFox tech support instructed me to do.
But Mary makes a good point - even if you're using some other service, be sure to authenticate your domain if you have not yet done so. You'll have a much better deliver percentage!