Topics

Is Tbr Pile legit?

Tina Donahue

I just got an email about a party they're having and they're requesting book donations that will get your book a lot of eyeballs.

Is Tbr Pile legit?

Thanks for any comments.

--
Tina

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

Fiona McGier

LOL! Tina, I review for them! I've just paid my invoice to be a part of the 1-week party. The last one we did, I gave away some books and paid for some ad space.  I won 4-5 free books from leaving comments on the site. And now that I'm one of their reviewers, I get a discount. So yes, they're legit. They get a lot of eyeballs during their special promotions. And one of the books I gave a 5 to won as January's book of the month.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Fiona

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 4:23 PM Tina Donahue <tinadonahuebooks@...> wrote:
I just got an email about a party they're having and they're requesting book donations that will get your book a lot of eyeballs.

Is Tbr Pile legit?

Thanks for any comments.

--
Tina

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

Tina Donahue

Thanks, Fiona!

I'll definitely enter their giveaway then. :)

Tina

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 3:21 PM Fiona McGier <fiona.mcgier@...> wrote:
[...]

Nicole Morgan

LOL I was typing a message to Tina and was saying I recognize a couple of those names on the reviewer section and have been acquaintances for years. So they must be good peeps. But then you replied, Fiona. LOL

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 05:04:53 PM MST, Tina Donahue <tinadonahuebooks@...> wrote:

[...]

Amber Daulton

Oh, yeah. Definitely legit. They've reviewed three of my books so far (two of which won Book of the Month), and they have parties every few months in which they promo, ask for donations, and offer paid opps. I've donations ebooks before but haven't paid for anything.

--

Amber Daulton
Romance Author

https://www.facebook.com/amber.daulton.author

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6624921.Amber_Daulton

Tracey Cramer-Kelly

So, I'm trying to figure this out... I went to their site and couldn't find any info about a "party" - only newsletter blast and social media 'bundle' (see http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/advertising.html). The newsletter price seemed reasonable until I saw only 139 subscribers. HUH??? (should that be 139K? uh, attention to detail really key here...)

They'll put your book "in front of a lot of eyeballs"... but the author doesn't get any contact info (name/email), right? Do they provide stats showing views and/or clicks on your book? Oh, and they don't review Self Published titles (http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/request-review.html) - something it seems I'm always looking for! - unless you pay for advertising space.

--
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
Heroes with a Touch of Vulnerability

Fiona McGier

The $10 they're asking for having your cover up on the site for a week, is affordable and worth it--especially if you combine that with giving a couple of copies free. $15 for an excerpt and cover, and readers have to leave comments on YOUR excerpt in order to be entered to win groups of books. I won books during the last weekly promotion. And gave some away.

They will review self-pubbed books, if you do a give-away, or if they review any of your other books. They're easy to work with, so if you only have self-pubbed books, write to them and ask what you can do for them to consider reviewing your books. They are on most epublishers' lists of review sites--I have a few books with eXtasy, and they send all of their titles to them. Obviously I can't review any books put out by my publisher, but I've been doing 2-3 books per week for them.

What I've noticed as a reviewer is that if I review a book that I love so much I give it a 5, I'll check out what else that author has written. The last time I won a book by someone I'd never heard of--it was a 3 book series. I immediately bought the other two, and I now follow the author (James Cox) to see what else he might be doing. But I've also won free books that I didn't read until years later--then I went to their site and bought others. Giving free books seems counter-intuitive--it's taken me a long time to realize that it can find you readers and buyers. But it takes a while.

Hope this helps,
Fiona

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 8:36 AM Tracey Cramer-Kelly <tcktalk@...> wrote:
[...]

Hey, Amber -

They sound like TRS used to be. I was a member of TRS so I could promo at their parties, but then their parties had fewer and fewer readers.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 8:36 PM Amber Daulton <amberdaultonauthor@...> wrote:
[...]

Sierra Brave

You have me curious now too about the readership versus price of the newsletter. I'm checking with the Widelings. If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

Love,
---Sierra