Hashtag question

Leslie Ann Sartor

Hey all,
I'm seeing the #BWLAuthor a lot. What is this the hashtag to?

And do you all believe 3 or less hashtags on a tweet is better/worse?

What are your favorite hashtags?

I think Kayelle had a question about #'s also? Chime in Kayelle.
Hugs,
L.A. Sartor

#BWLauthor is a publishing company but I'm not sure which one.
Three is supposedly the magic number on Twitter but on Instagram, it's much higher.
I write SciFi so I always use #SciFi - written that way so programs that read to people will say it properly. Otherwise some read it as skiffy. Same with combined words. On Twitter, there are SciFi bots that retweet anything with that hashtag, so I always use it.
#ContemporaryRomance with those capitals is read as two words rather than a blended phonics pronunciation.

Join Kayelle's Keepers www.facebook.com/groups/KayellesKeepers

Meredith Bond

I’ve recently heard that Twitter isn’t using hashtags anymore. They’re not using them to promote tweets.
     Merry
--

Magical Romance at https://meredithbond.com
Writing Coaching at http://servesyouwrite.meredithbond.com

Lisabet Sarai

#BWL is Books We Love.

I used to publish with them, before they decided they didn't want to have anything to do with erotica.

;^(

But I know some of the MFRW regulars are pubbed with them.

Warmly,
Lisabet

--
One look from him and I melt. One word, and I’m on my knees.

THE UNDERSTUDY: ACTS OF SUBMISSION
Steamy BDSM erotic romance by Lisabet Sarai
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092VYT8DN
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1080182

*Imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Visit Lisabet Sarai's Fantasy Factory - http://www.lisabetsarai.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/408adebmmagaehsewadauqyazauyb/click.php )
Venture Beyond Romance - http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/82a84ebmjapaehsewarauqyagauyb/click.php )
Follow me on Twitter: @lisabetsarai ( https://ymlptr1.com/25594ebmbanaehsewazauqyarauyb/click.php )*

Tina Donahue

Meredith -

When I try to share posts from my site on MeWe - if there are hashtags in it, Twitter blocks out everything in the post. Even if you remove the hashtags, everything's still blocked out.

It didn't use to be that way several months (maybe a year?) ago. But now, if I use a hashtag, the post doesn't go thru. Dunno why.

Tina

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 10:49 PM Meredith Bond <Merry@...> wrote:
I’ve recently heard that Twitter isn’t using hashtags anymore. They’re not using them to promote tweets.
     Merry
--

Magical Romance at https://meredithbond.com
Writing Coaching at http://servesyouwrite.meredithbond.com
Formatting at http://anessabooks.com
_._,_._,_

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

Anna Taylor Sweringen

Hi Meredith,

Where did you hear that about Twitter no longer using hashtags?

Anna T.S.

Meredith Bond

My daughter, who is an artist, told me about the hashtags. A lot of artists use Twitter to share and advertise their work and they’re now finding it impossible to reach new audiences because of this.

     Merry