Topics

FW: [mfrwio] Reader Magnet

Rue Allyn

Sent: Sunday, April 4, 2021 4:43 PM
To: 'Sloan' <sloan.McBride@...>
Subject: RE: [mfrwio] Reader Magnet

This conversation about newsletters and reader magnets has inspired me to take a good long look at what I’m offering readers. It isn’t so great. So I’m contemplating a new reader magnet and wondering which is better, a full book (that I offer for free) or a prequel of 10K – 20K (that I haven’t yet written)? All comments appreciated.

Rue A.

I did a prequel of 8k words and it works well. On StoryOrigin, I also offer samples of books. You don't need a full book to get people to sign up. They want to know what your writing is like. A sample can give that to them. I'm working on a pdf handout to show what psychic gifts my immortals use in an upcoming book. I thought it would be cool to show what the gifts do and who uses which one. 
--

Kayelle Allen
Founder, Marketing for Romance Writers
www.kayelleallen.com Share your book www.rlfblog.com
Join Kayelle's Keepers www.facebook.com/groups/KayellesKeepers

Rue Allyn

That’s a great idea, Kayelle.

From: main@marketingforromancewriters.groups.io <main@marketingforromancewriters.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kayelle Allen
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 10:21 AM
To: main@marketingforromancewriters.groups.io
Subject: Re: FW: [mfrwio] Reader Magnet

I did a prequel of 8k words and it works well. On StoryOrigin, I also offer samples of books. You don't need a full book to get people to sign up. They want to know what your writing is like. A sample can give that to them. I'm working on a pdf handout to show what psychic gifts my immortals use in an upcoming book. I thought it would be cool to show what the gifts do and who uses which one. 
--

Kayelle Allen

Linda Carroll-Bradd

I've always read that the magnet should be a short length that you wouldn't consider putting up for sale but is indicative of your writing style. The one I'll be using is an expanded version of a story that appeared in an anthology 5-6 years ago that is no longer available. It's around 7K

Sloan

That sounds perfect, Linda.  Good luck!

Sloan McBride         
Author of Paranormal and Suspense Romance

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 4:53 PM Linda Carroll-Bradd <l.carrollbradd@...> wrote:
I've always read that the magnet should be a short length that you wouldn't consider putting up for sale but is indicative of your writing style. The one I'll be using is an expanded version of a story that appeared in an anthology 5-6 years ago that is no longer available. It's around 7K

Sloan

Thanks, Kayelle,

I signed up for Story Origin but haven't been back to complete everything yet.  That and the newsletter are my goals for this weekend.  And, I'm starting round 3 of edits on the new book.  ☺

Sloan McBride         
Author of Paranormal and Suspense Romance

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 11:21 AM Kayelle Allen <sempervians@...> wrote:
--

Kayelle Allen