Topics

FW: [mfrwio] Reader Magnet

Rue Allyn

From: Rue@... <Rue@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 4, 2021 4:43 PM
To: 'Sloan' <sloan.McBride@...>
Subject: RE: [mfrwio] Reader Magnet

This conversation about newsletters and reader magnets has inspired me to take a good long look at what I’m offering readers. It isn’t so great. So I’m contemplating a new reader magnet and wondering which is better, a full book (that I offer for free) or a prequel of 10K – 20K (that I haven’t yet written)? All comments appreciated.

Rue A.

I did a prequel of 8k words and it works well. On StoryOrigin, I also offer samples of books. You don't need a full book to get people to sign up. They want to know what your writing is like. A sample can give that to them. I'm working on a pdf handout to show what psychic gifts my immortals use in an upcoming book. I thought it would be cool to show what the gifts do and who uses which one.

Join Kayelle's Keepers www.facebook.com/groups/KayellesKeepers

Rue Allyn

That’s a great idea, Kayelle.