Topics

Fiona McGier - New Goodreads Coordinator #MFRWorg #freepromo

I'm happy to welcome long time member of MFRW Fiona McGier as our new Goodreads Coordinator.

Starting now, Fiona will add your book to the MFRW Book Place, a reading group on Goodreads. Your book must already have a Goodreads page to be added to the group.
Check out the instructions on this page of the group website: http://marketingforromancewriters.org/goodreads/

The form is simple. You will need 3 main things: your author name, book title, and a contact email. To ensure the form is used by group members only, it asks for your name on the group and the email used for membership.
Please do join us on the MFRW Book Place on Goodreads

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/161092-the-mfrw-book-place

My sincere thanks to Fiona for graciously volunteering to help!

Lisabet Sarai

Fiona! That's wonderful!

Thank you so much for your help.

Warmly,
Lisabet

On 11/04/20 02:56, Kayelle Allen wrote:
I'm happy to welcome long time member of MFRW Fiona McGier as our new Goodreads Coordinator.

Starting now, Fiona will add your book to the MFRW Book Place, a reading group on Goodreads. Your book must already have a Goodreads page to be added to the group.
Check out the instructions on this page of the group website: http://marketingforromancewriters.org/goodreads/

The form is simple. You will need 3 main things: your author name, book title, and a contact email. To ensure the form is used by group members only, it asks for your name on the group and the email used for membership.
Please do join us on the MFRW Book Place on Goodreads

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/161092-the-mfrw-book-place

My sincere thanks to Fiona for graciously volunteering to help!

Their love may be his last hope for redemption

Fin d'Espoir: A Bisexual Vampire Romance by Lisabet Sarai
Amazon:  http://bit.ly/BisexualVampire
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1045343

Imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Visit Lisabet Sarai's Fantasy Factory - http://www.lisabetsarai.com
Venture Beyond Romance - http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter: @lisabetsarai

Sierra Brave

Welcome, Fiona!

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 2:56 PM Kayelle Allen <sempervians@...> wrote:
I'm happy to welcome long time member of MFRW Fiona McGier as our new Goodreads Coordinator.

Starting now, Fiona will add your book to the MFRW Book Place, a reading group on Goodreads. Your book must already have a Goodreads page to be added to the group.
Check out the instructions on this page of the group website: http://marketingforromancewriters.org/goodreads/

The form is simple. You will need 3 main things: your author name, book title, and a contact email. To ensure the form is used by group members only, it asks for your name on the group and the email used for membership.
Please do join us on the MFRW Book Place on Goodreads

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/161092-the-mfrw-book-place

My sincere thanks to Fiona for graciously volunteering to help!

Sierra Brave

I mean congrats! My head is everywhere this morning.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 11:02 AM Sierra Brave <sierrapaxtonbrave@...> wrote:
[...]

Bernadette Duquette

Thank you, Fiona!!  You rock.

On Nov 4, 2020, at 11:03 AM, Sierra Brave <sierrapaxtonbrave@...> wrote:

[...]

www.kayelleallen.com Share your book www.rlfblog.com

Fiona McGier

HI everyone. Thanks for being so welcoming. I used to judge in the EPIC book contests every year.  Since they closed shop, I've been at a loss as to how to contribute to the writing community again. I've been reviewing every book I read, often for authors who trade reviews with me. But the position as a Goodreads liaison looked like something I could handle. I'm tech-impaired (I still have a flip-phone) and I'm not on twitter or pinterest or Tik-Tok. I vaguely know what they are, but I only have so many hours in my day--even being an unemployed high school sub. I need time to write! And my husband gets grumpy if we don't spend time together, even if we're sitting and reading on opposite sides of the living room.

That all being said, I talked with Kayelle, and we decided that I'll input any books that have been published during 2019 and 2020.  The previous person who did this stopped putting books into the system in late 2018. If I get overwhelmed, I'll holler. But I think that as long as I check every day or so, I should be able to keep ups current. And once everyone's old books are inputted, things should be much more manageable. Glad to be here and to help other authors get the recognition we all seek and deserve!

Fiona

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 1:56 PM Kayelle Allen <sempervians@...> wrote:
I'm happy to welcome long time member of MFRW Fiona McGier as our new Goodreads Coordinator.

Starting now, Fiona will add your book to the MFRW Book Place, a reading group on Goodreads. Your book must already have a Goodreads page to be added to the group.
Check out the instructions on this page of the group website: http://marketingforromancewriters.org/goodreads/

The form is simple. You will need 3 main things: your author name, book title, and a contact email. To ensure the form is used by group members only, it asks for your name on the group and the email used for membership.
Please do join us on the MFRW Book Place on Goodreads

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/161092-the-mfrw-book-place

My sincere thanks to Fiona for graciously volunteering to help!

Fiona

Blog and Website: http://www.fionamcgier.com
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fionamcgier--Download 1st 20% of my books free!
Free Download: Prescription For Love: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/18367

Fiona McGier

Hello again, to all authors!

First off, remember you have to be a Goodreads author for me to be able to put your books onto our list. You have to create a page for yourself as a Goodreads author, and manually add all of your books. It's a pain, but it only needs to be done once. Then just remember to update when you have a new book come out.

In updating all of the books you want added to our list in the Goodreads MFRW group, I want to point out that Kayelle has added a question to the form to fill out--what genre is your book?  There is a general  list, that I've updated as of today, that lists all books. Anything I've put in, I've classified as "currently reading", and anything that was added up to 2018 when the list stopped, I classified as "read."  But I've worked with Kayelle to redo the genres.  I've added MC romance, Highland romance, and Holiday romance, since all of those are so specific to readership. Most Highlander books are also historical, but not always. And many historical romances are NOT Highlander--that's why I thought they needed to be separate. Time-travel will come under Romance, Sci-fi /fantasy. So if  book is a holiday romance that is contemporary, I'll mark it as both. If it is LGBTQ and Erotic with BDSM, I'll put both of those choices. Please don't list more than 2 choices. It won't fit on the form!

For anyone whose books were put in from 2015 to 2018, they're still listed--but as read. If you want me to add a genre, please email me directly with the title, author and genre. That's easy for me to add.
See there are also separate shelves for each genre--so if a reader only likes MC romances, she clicks on that shelf and there are the books we've written that will satisfy her--and all of them will show up, no matter when they were added, as long as I've added a genre to them.

 I asked Kayelle who is this list for?  She said it's supposed to be for readers, so they can find our books when they're looking for something new to read. I'm not sure how we bring that to readers' attentions. We can get some more discussions going--I started one under the Contemporary folder, even though I'm asking about my paranormal books. But it's a question that is general, and I didn't find a folder labeled as "general." I'd love it if some of you could weigh in on my question.

So do we start yakking about the MFRW GR group?  Get all of our readers to check it out, somehow?  Everyone (including me) likes free books. Do we offer a free copy of our book to the reader who is the first to say they found it on the MFRW GR list?  How could we prove that?  At least that would limit us to only 1 copy--but if you have a lot of books there, that might be prohibitive.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks for your time,
Fiona

--
Fiona

Blog and Website: http://www.fionamcgier.com
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fionamcgier--Download 1st 20% of my books free!
Free Download: Prescription For Love: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/18367

Kris Anne

We can get a graphic and a link and put it in our newsletters, fb pages, website etc.

With a link its always relevant.

I have to remember to send you my stuff. This is a great promo!

Thank you for doing this

Kris Anne Dean -Author

Dark and Dangerous Desires (Mafia, Menacing and MC)

Website: http://bit.ly/KrisAnneDean-DarkRomance

Facebook Page: http://bit.ly/krisAnneDeanFBPage

Instagram: http://bit.ly/KADInstagram

On Nov 7, 2020, at 4:35 PM, Fiona McGier <fiona.mcgier@...> wrote:

[...]

Rochelle Weber

Hi Fiona:

Welcome to the clan.

Many thanks & hugs,

Rochelle

Rochelle Weber

Love, Laughter & Floating Tears

The Thin Person Inside @ MuseItUp Publishing

Website | Blog

On 11/7/2020 15:35, Fiona McGier wrote:
[...]

I got the graphic directly from the MFRW GR site.  I've attached it. Then link it to the page: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/161092-the-mfrw-book-place

And while you're there, have a look around. I've re-ordered the shelves.  Once I add your book to "bookshelf", as long as you've supplied me with a genre, then clicking on the genre to the left of the list, ie, Romance, Holiday, will take you to the shelf that holds books with that theme. For any of the books that have already been added but have no genre attached, please send me an email telling me what they are-or you can fill in the form on the site again, and I'll get it from the spreadsheet.  If all I need to do is add genre, that's super-easy.  Even for books that have been on since 2015. I guessed at some of them--when there's vampires/fangs, or wolf/shifter in the title, I figured it to be paranormal. When the title says MC romance, that's self-explanatory. But for others I didn't want to rely on the cover, and it takes a long time to read all of your blurbs on your GR sites.

And if you want to start any discussion questions, check the "folders". The only one newer than 2018 is mine, and I put it under contemporary, even though it's about my 2 paranormal books. But it pertains to books of any genre, actually.

And I welcome any discussion here, as to how to get more readers to see our list as a resource. Instead of just looking at author lists, which is cool, they can come here and click on their favorite genre. If men in kilts is their jam, then click on Highland romance.  Not me, however. Me faither was from Glesga, so the sight of a man in a kilt doesn't say to me, "Hello, hot man in a kilt. What's unna below yer kiltie?" It says, "Hello Dad."  Totally not sexy!  And Dad's favorite reply to that question was, "Ach, lassie, a wee set o' bagpipes."  LOL.

Fiona

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 12:29 PM Rochelle Weber <author@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi, Fiona,

Is this group listing restricted only to romance, or is erotica allowed?

Warmly,
Lisabet

--
She wants to build sex toys... if they'll let her

THE PORNOGRAPHER'S APPRENTICE by Lisabet Sarai
Steam punk with the emphasis on steam! Available now for pre-order!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MWMZZGP
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1053072

*Imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Visit Lisabet Sarai's Fantasy Factory - http://www.lisabetsarai.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/408adebmmagaehsewadauqyazauyb/click.php )
Venture Beyond Romance - http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/82a84ebmjapaehsewarauqyagauyb/click.php )
Follow me on Twitter: @lisabetsarai ( https://ymlptr1.com/25594ebmbanaehsewazauqyarauyb/click.php )*

Fiona McGier

Hey Lisabet, erotica is def allowed--in fact, on the genre listings, we include erotica, with BDSM, as well as erotica, no BDSM

Kayelle wants the group to be all-inclusive, so there is a genre choice of non-fiction, as well as sci-fantasy, non-romance, which she says she sometimes writes. .

There is also a genre for writing, and one for marketing tips, but if we're trying to attract more reader attention, I'm not sure how many books will be entered there.

Thanks for the question,
Fiona

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 8:03 AM Lisabet Sarai <lisabet@...> wrote:
[...]

Tena Stetler

Hey Kayelle!

Where is the form to add our books on MFRW's reading group on Goodreads?

Tena Stetler
Author of A Demon's Witch Series
Hidden Gypsy Magic - Fall of 2020
Chocolate Raspberry Magic - April  2021

Remember the Magic for Happily Ever After!
"I have the soul of a Gypsy; the heart of a Hippy; the Spirit of a Wolf, and I don't howl alone. Join me?"

I'm happy to welcome long time member of MFRW Fiona McGier as our new Goodreads Coordinator.

Starting now, Fiona will add your book to the MFRW Book Place, a reading group on Goodreads. Your book must already have a Goodreads page to be added to the group.
Check out the instructions on this page of the group website: http://marketingforromancewriters.org/goodreads/

The form is simple. You will need 3 main things: your author name, book title, and a contact email. To ensure the form is used by group members only, it asks for your name on the group and the email used for membership.
Please do join us on the MFRW Book Place on Goodreads

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/161092-the-mfrw-book-place

My sincere thanks to Fiona for graciously volunteering to help!

Tena Stetler
Author of A Demon's Witch Series
Charm Me Again - coming Dec 9, 2019
Remember the Magic for Happily Ever After!
"I have the soul of a Gypsy; the heart of a Hippy; the Spirit of a Wolf, and I don't howl alone. Join me?"

Fiona McGier

Hi Tena--just go to the Goodreads page for our groups, and the link is on the first page in the info paragraph. I'll be looking for your books on the spreadsheet that I get, and I usually get them added within a day or so.  https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/161092-the-mfrw-book-place

Fiona

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:53 AM Tena Stetler via groups.io <Tenajean=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for asking the question. I was wondering this myself!

On Nov 23, 2020, at 6:25 PM, Fiona McGier <fiona.mcgier@...> wrote:

[...]

Found it thanks Fiona!