Topics

#education #HelpNeeded #MFRWauthor #reviews #MFRWauthor #HelpNeeded #education #reviews

nickig83@...

Hi and thanks for letting me join. I recently self published my first book on Dec. 11th. My second book was released Jan. 2nd. I have been promoting my books like crazy. Amazon ads, Facebook ads, posting it everywhere its allowed. I have made some money. But I only have 4 reviews on the first book and none on my second book. How do you get reviews? I do have a page in the back of each book that asks politely for reviews. Also how do you do the blogging opportunities? I have never done anything like that.

Lisabet Sarai

Hello, Nicki,

A very warm welcome to MFRW!

I'd be delighted to have you as a guest on my blog. Just email me privately (lisabet at lisabetsarai dot com) and we'll find a date.

It takes a while to build readership, under the best conditions. You have two books released within a few weeks of each other, and you've already made some money... that's fantastic!

As far as getting reviews goes, that's tough. Some people have "street teams", a group of readers who are willing to read your ARC and review on a regular basis. Some people here use Story Origin and other sites that offer ARCs to their members in return for reviews. For me it's hit or miss. I'm almost always happy to give away a copy of a book on the chance that it might get a review. (That's one of the advantages of self-publishing - that you control your free copies, not your publisher.)

Start a mailing list. Sign up with Mail Chimp or YMLP (the service I use) or some other professional bulk mail service. Whenever you detect anyone with the slightest interest in your work (LOL!), contact them to ask if they'd like to be on your list. NEVER add someone without permission, though.

Write and publish more books.

And be patient. ;^) No author gets rich overnight!

Warmly,
Lisabet

--
She wants to build sex toys... if they'll let her

THE PORNOGRAPHER'S APPRENTICE by Lisabet Sarai
Steam punk with the emphasis on steam!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MWMZZGP
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1053072

*Imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Visit Lisabet Sarai's Fantasy Factory - http://www.lisabetsarai.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/408adebmmagaehsewadauqyazauyb/click.php )
Venture Beyond Romance - http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/82a84ebmjapaehsewarauqyagauyb/click.php )
Follow me on Twitter: @lisabetsarai ( https://ymlptr1.com/25594ebmbanaehsewazauqyarauyb/click.php )*

Cynthia Terelst

Hi,

There are a number of ways I get reviews. The first is to ask my mailing list if they would like to be ARCs.

The next is to put my book on Booksprout.

Then I contact Bookstagrammers who read my genre.

And this time around I tried Hidden Gems.

Cynthia