Topics

blogging days question

Brenda Whiteside

Does anyone have feel for what day of the week blogs work best? I have guests on some Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I want to start a new theme and wondering if Thursday, Friday, or one of the weekend days is best for blog readers to tune in.
--

Brenda Whiteside
www.brendawhiteside.com

https://twitter.com/brendawhitesid2

D.V. Stone

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 4:25 PM Brenda Whiteside <brenda@...> wrote:
Does anyone have feel for what day of the week blogs work best? I have guests on some Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I want to start a new theme and wondering if Thursday, Friday, or one of the weekend days is best for blog readers to tune in.
--

Brenda Whiteside
www.brendawhiteside.com
Brenda on Facebook

https://twitter.com/brendawhitesid2

Laura Haley-McNeil

Thanks for sharing this post. This is very informative, but I have to wonder – is anyone here blogging 3 or more times a week? We’re trying to write our books so blogging is a chunk out of our time. It’s all I can do to find time to write my book.

A few years ago, I followed a blog that was supposedly the most popular blog ever. Sorry, I can’t remember the blog.

This guy posted daily, but it was pure drivel. Literally, just a string of words, and I had to wonder if he posted just to get picked up by the algorithms. If he truly had the most popular blog ever, then I guess it worked for him, but after a couple of days I realized he was a total waste of my time, but apparently his blog was worthwhile to a few million people.

Just my 2¢. 😊

Laura Haley-McNeil

The Billionaire’s Christmas Wish, Book 2 of the Christmas Billionaire Series, Available Now

Never Kiss Goodbye, Book 8 of the Crystal Creek Series, Coming Soon

Kindle Kobo  Barnes & Noble iBooks

Sign up for Laura’s newsletter

Follow Laura on Facebook  and Twitter and BookBub

Does anyone have feel for what day of the week blogs work best? I have guests on some Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I want to start a new theme and wondering if Thursday, Friday, or one of the weekend days is best for blog readers to tune in.
--

Brenda Whiteside
www.brendawhiteside.com
Brenda on Facebook

https://twitter.com/brendawhitesid2

I do a Book Hooks hop post each week, and then share book fairs / events I'm on StoryOrigin at least 1-2 a week. Occasionally more often, but for short periods. I've been regularly blogging since 2009. 85% of my traffic comes from Twitter, and most of that is due to links shared on my website, which means the site is generating its own traffic. I have a large percent who get to my site by typing my name directly into the search box on Google or other seach engines. Blogging has made me a more succinct author, given me an insight into marketing, keywords, and SEO. I've also gained a large network of authors through my RLFblog site -- where I post interviews for authors all but 5-6 days a year.

Brenda Whiteside

This article was helpful. Thanks. In the last couple of years, I've seen my numbers go down. But I've seen that on a couple of blogs I've been involved with too. This is one reason I am trying to hit on something that will anchor my blog and bring in a variety of readers like my farm posts used to do. But we no longer have the farm and I've been struggling to come up with that anchor theme. I think I have one now but just needed to research what day I should throw it out there. Thanks everyone.
--

Brenda Whiteside
www.brendawhiteside.com
Brenda on Facebook

https://twitter.com/brendawhitesid2

Gayle

I blog weekly and share my content on social media. I've changed the perspective of the blog this year and I'm hoping to garner more followers. I was blogging about pet-related things, like health, travel, safety, etc. -- been doing that for more than five years. This year, since I now have a romance series (Pet Rescue Romance), I'm planning to blog more about my characters, setting, etc and end with a Pet Tip of the Week.

I used to do a book review now and then with authors in my genre. This year, I hope to do more of that. I've also hosted guest posts (pet-related) and this year I'm open to hosting clean, sweet romance, historical and contemporary.

My posts usually go live on Tuesdays, sometimes Wednesdays if I'm out of town during the weekend, as I heard years ago those are the best days to post.

Blessings all!

Gayle Irwin

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 4:10 PM Kayelle Allen <sempervians@...> wrote:
I do a Book Hooks hop post each week, and then share book fairs / events I'm on StoryOrigin at least 1-2 a week. Occasionally more often, but for short periods. I've been regularly blogging since 2009. 85% of my traffic comes from Twitter, and most of that is due to links shared on my website, which means the site is generating its own traffic. I have a large percent who get to my site by typing my name directly into the search box on Google or other seach engines. Blogging has made me a more succinct author, given me an insight into marketing, keywords, and SEO. I've also gained a large network of authors through my RLFblog site -- where I post interviews for authors all but 5-6 days a year.

Lisabet Sarai

I have posts on my blog almost every day, about 50% guests/tour posts and 50% for my own writing. I don't find it takes that much time to set up. I tend to do the setup on weekends, so I don't have to worry during the week.

However, the blog is my primary social media channel. It's widely shared via Triberr and Twitter. I do use Twitter directly, but only occasionally. I am not on Facebook, Instagram or anything else.

My blog has been active for more than ten years. I have almost 1.1 million visits total. However, the number of visits and comments has declined dramatically from the early days.

I really don't think there's a one-size-fits-all solution. Furthermore, social media habits of our readers are constantly changing. You can't try to play catch up - you'll exhaust yourself and never get any writing done.

(At least, that is my view!0

Warmly,
Lisabet

--
She wants to build sex toys... if they'll let her

THE PORNOGRAPHER'S APPRENTICE by Lisabet Sarai
Steam punk with the emphasis on steam!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MWMZZGP
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1053072

*Imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Visit Lisabet Sarai's Fantasy Factory - http://www.lisabetsarai.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/408adebmmagaehsewadauqyazauyb/click.php )
Venture Beyond Romance - http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/82a84ebmjapaehsewarauqyagauyb/click.php )
Follow me on Twitter: @lisabetsarai ( https://ymlptr1.com/25594ebmbanaehsewazauqyarauyb/click.php )*

I agree with Lisabet. I, too, have blogged for about 10 years, and I can tell you things change. My blog drives my social media and brings traffic to my site.

Last year, I did a study of stats and discovered 85% of my traffic came from Twitter. But nearly 100% of the Twitter links came from my own blog via Triberr. By blogging and using Triberr to amplify the site, I brought traffic directly back to myself.

I take part in Book Hooks and do a couple other posts a week. I have similar results on my book blog, Romance Lives Forever, which also uses Triberr. I post there all but about 5 days a year. I don't think the day is important nearly so much as the consistent content. If you always blog on Fridays, your audience will learn they can depend on a Friday post.

Being in a hop makes me accountable and keeps me going in the right direction. MFRW has more than one to choose from.

Daryl Devore

I can't say enough about how good being on Triberr is. I've been there pretty much since its inception and I only use the free version. When the link breaks between my blog and Twitter - the views on my blog tank.

It literally takes me 5 minutes. I click on the Triberr icon on my laptop.
Go to Romance & Critters - that was the first group I joined there - as I am the only one left there still using Triberr - I click on my post.
Then over to MFRW_ORG Books and Authors - click on those. Scroll down. Click. Scroll down. Click.
Then over to Book and Book Reviews - click on those.
I only do a certain number of clicks a day - I don't want to spam Twitter.
If there are more I can click - I do it the from the main stream - looking out for # from those I know.
Then I leave.
In. Out. On with life.

I have been there long enough to recognize people's avatar's - and can just click and go.
And yes, there are times it takes me longer as I see a blog post I want to read.

But if I'm in a hurry - 5 minutes tops.

Daryl Devoré
Sensual escapism where sexy men meet strong-willed women.

Lisabet Sarai

Another point (guess I have a lot of opinions about this topic!): although there's something to be said for being organized, with particular types of posts on particular days, variety is also desirable.

Some of the blogs I follow use the same format and content organization for every post - or every post on a particular day. After a while, that gets too predictable. I end up skimming rather than reading, and I'm less likely to comment.

My recommendation is to mix things up a bit. Not to hold myself up as a shining example, but to give you an idea of what I am talking about, I have several "regular" features associated with particular days: Review Tuesday, Saturday Spanks, Sizzling Sunday and of course Book Hooks on Wednesday. I don't do any of them every week. I rarely do both Saturday Spanks and Sizzling Sunday in the same week, since both involve a hot excerpt.

Keep things fresh. Don't let your readers get bored, or they'll go elsewhere.

Warmly,
Lisabet

--
She wants to build sex toys... if they'll let her

THE PORNOGRAPHER'S APPRENTICE by Lisabet Sarai
Steam punk with the emphasis on steam!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MWMZZGP
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1053072

*Imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Visit Lisabet Sarai's Fantasy Factory - http://www.lisabetsarai.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/408adebmmagaehsewadauqyazauyb/click.php )
Venture Beyond Romance - http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/82a84ebmjapaehsewarauqyagauyb/click.php )
Follow me on Twitter: @lisabetsarai ( https://ymlptr1.com/25594ebmbanaehsewazauqyarauyb/click.php )*

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 10:17 AM, Daryl Devore wrote:
Romance & Critters
I went in today and cleared out any members of my tribes who hadn't shared in over 6 weeks. Everyone left is an active member. If you are thinking of joining a tribe, look at the members tab. If you see share dates of a year and more, it's a dead tribe. Here are mine for those interested. MFRW has tribes also, I'll check those shortly and post links as well.

Kayelle on Triberr https://triberr.com/kayelleallen

Books and Book Reviews https://triberr.com/pages/tribe-overview.php?tid=38868

Sci Fi and Fantasy Writers https://triberr.com/pages/tribe-overview.php?tid=76188

Unstoppable Heroes https://triberr.com/pages/tribe-overview.php?tid=67508

MFRW Triberr is caught up and non-participating members have been booted. There is room in every tribe.

Books and Authors http://triberr.com/pages/tribe-overview.php?tid=31990
Business of Writing http://triberr.com/pages/tribe-overview.php?tid=48112
Erotic http://triberr.com/pages/tribe-overview.php?tid=40964
LGBT http://triberr.com/pages/tribe-overview.php?tid=41440
Mainstream http://triberr.com/pages/tribe-overview.php?tid=40921
Sweets http://triberr.com/pages/tribe-overview.php?tid=40922

Nadia Braeckel

Hi, My name is Nadia Braeckel, and I'm brand new to the group so i'm not sure if I am doing this correctly but I wanted to jump on here and just introduce myself.  I just wrote my first book, “Torn Ties,” a  thrilling, romantic novel based on true events. I’m so excited to share my story with an audience of readers. I am currently working on my first virtual book campaign for "Torn Ties". Many of you have businesses that are your passion. Your services and products are valuable to thousands of readers that I am going to be reaching out to. I would like to ask if you would partner with me in helping us take “Torn Ties” to the best sellers list, and in return I want to help you!

  1. Do you have a service or product that you would like to promote and partner with me as I reach out to thousands of people?

  2. Would you participate with me in sending a “Torn Ties” email to your customer base if I provide it to you? You don’t have to lift a finger; we’ll do all the work!

  3. Would you share an advertisement of “Torn Ties” to your family, friends, and colleagues in order to take advantage of this great book and help me reach the best sellers list?

This is a tremendous opportunity for you to get your product, service and business name out there to a new potential audience—at no cost to you. I'll do all the work to prepare the email and advertisement. DON’T miss this opportunity to receive free promotion and advertisement of your business.

Your next step would be to send me an email of what product or service you would like to give as a free offer to my audience so I can promote you.

Send me an email at torntiesbook@... or call me at 918-638-3626.

Monica Stoner

Triberr and I had to part ways months ago when it would not let me promote anyone. I'm going to try again.

Monica/Mona