Topics

Blogger and Links

Daryl Devore

Has anybody else noticed this? When I put a book link up in Blogger - I try to make it look neat by using the Link button - so instead of it saying Amazon - https(and then all that stuff) - it says Amazon and they can click on it and goes to Amazon.
Except - if I copy that "Amazon" the link has been reverted to blogger.com
I have a blurb and buy links that I can just cut and paste - except it turns out that the buy links have all been wrong. They have all directed people back to my blog.

Am I making any sense???

Daryl Devoré
Sensual escapism where sexy men meet strong-willed women.

vickibatman@...

I havent noticed. But ill be paying attention now

--
Vicki Batman, sassy writer of funny fiction

The Real Cie

This has happened to me a few times. I don't know what causes it. It's quite aggravating. I have to be very careful to double-check my links.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 3:13 PM Daryl Devore via groups.io <daryl.devore=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Has anybody else noticed this? When I put a book link up in Blogger - I try to make it look neat by using the Link button - so instead of it saying Amazon - https(and then all that stuff) - it says Amazon and they can click on it and goes to Amazon.
Except - if I copy that "Amazon" the link has been reverted to blogger.com
I have a blurb and buy links that I can just cut and paste - except it turns out that the buy links have all been wrong. They have all directed people back to my blog.

Am I making any sense???

Daryl Devoré
Sensual escapism where sexy men meet strong-willed women.

Lisabet Sarai

Hi, Daryl,

Blogger (and many other platforms) "rewrite" and redirect your links so that they can aggregate data, for instance, how many clicks the link received, from where, and so on. If you want to copy the actual link, you'll need to highlight the "Amazon" then click on the link icon in the toolbar and copy it from the form.

Warmly,
Lisabet

--
She wants to build sex toys... if they'll let her

THE PORNOGRAPHER'S APPRENTICE by Lisabet Sarai
Steam punk with the emphasis on steam!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MWMZZGP
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1053072

*Imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Visit Lisabet Sarai's Fantasy Factory - http://www.lisabetsarai.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/408adebmmagaehsewadauqyazauyb/click.php )
Venture Beyond Romance - http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/82a84ebmjapaehsewarauqyagauyb/click.php )
Follow me on Twitter: @lisabetsarai ( https://ymlptr1.com/25594ebmbanaehsewazauqyarauyb/click.php )*