Topics

ACX questions #HelpNeeded

Viviana

HI all,
I'm starting to work on making an audiobook of my first CRescent CReek book.
Is ACX free?
I mean, do I have to pay the narrator? I'm ok with sharing the royalties, not with writing a check.

Thank you,
Vivi

PS: My blog is always open. If you need room, just send me an email vivi.mackade@... I'm booking second half of May.
Thank you!@

--
www.viviana-mackade.blog

Neil Plakcy

Vivi, you have three choices with ACX.

You can pay the narrator up front and collect all royalties yourself.

You can do a hybrid deal where you pay part of the money up front and then part as a royalty share.

You can do a complete royalty share where you pay nothing up front.

It is harder to find good narrators who are willing to take a complete royalty share.

There are lots of articles online about the pros and cons of each.

Neil Plakcy
The Lock-Keeper's Heart -- 19th century MM romance, now in pre-order

--
Neil Plakcy
www.mahubooks.com

Viviana

Hi Neil,
and thank you!
Paying the narrator is really not an option right now, so I'll see how it goes, if I can get someone good (or at all).

Thank you for your help,
Vivi

--
www.viviana-mackade.blog