Topics

Temporary change on Twitter (RT Day hopefully not affected #education #needtoread

A report from the Verge says Twitter is going to temporarily change the way users retweet. You still can, but when you click the retweet button, the default will change. It will open as a quote first. You can still just retweet by clicking the button. No comment/quote is required. The magazine reports Twitter will do this through the end of election week in the US, on or about Nov 7th, if my calendar is correct.
https://www.theverge.com/21524092/twitter-temporarily-changing-retweet-quote-tweet-election

This should not affect our next RT day, but if it does, we can discuss how we'll handle it then. The election in the US is the first Tuesday. Our RT day is the second Tuesday.

Not sharing this due to any political opinion but to inform of a change.

Sent as a special notice to all members

K.A. Raines

I noticed this change yesterday when I was retweeting through my laptop. However, when I retweeted through my phone app it was still the same.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 6:40 AM Kayelle Allen <sempervians@...> wrote:
A report from the Verge says Twitter is going to temporarily change the way users retweet. You still can, but when you click the retweet button, the default will change. It will open as a quote first. You can still just retweet by clicking the button. No comment/quote is required. The magazine reports Twitter will do this through the end of election week in the US, on or about Nov 7th, if my calendar is correct.
https://www.theverge.com/21524092/twitter-temporarily-changing-retweet-quote-tweet-election

This should not affect our next RT day, but if it does, we can discuss how we'll handle it then. The election in the US is the first Tuesday. Our RT day is the second Tuesday.

Not sharing this due to any political opinion but to inform of a change.

Sent as a special notice to all members

Anna Taylor Sweringen

I wondered what was going on. Thanks for the explanation.

Anna T.S.