Topics

Sharing My Guest Blog Post - Marketing Tips #givingback #blog #blogpost

Victoria Jayne

Sandra Beckwith from the Build Book Buzz Blog gave me the opportunity to do a guest blog post on her amazing blog. This resource is absolutely fantastic. I highly recommend it for anyone, no matter the marketing skill level, to check it out. My article is geared more toward the just starting out author, but there is a wealth of knowledge on this blog.

Enjoy!!

https://buildbookbuzz.com/13-fiction-book-marketing-tips-from-an-experienced-novelist/

http://buildbookbuzz.com/blog

Charlotte O'Shay

Thank you for an excellent post, Victoria. The only item I would change is Bookbub ads can be useful. Easier. And anyone visiting there is a reader looking for books.

CHARLOTTE O’SHAY
Happily Ever After in the City of Dreams

On Oct 7, 2020, at 11:00 AM, Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:

Sandra Beckwith from the Build Book Buzz Blog gave me the opportunity to do a guest blog post on her amazing blog. This resource is absolutely fantastic. I highly recommend it for anyone, no matter the marketing skill level, to check it out. My article is geared more toward the just starting out author, but there is a wealth of knowledge on this blog.

Enjoy!!

https://buildbookbuzz.com/13-fiction-book-marketing-tips-from-an-experienced-novelist/

http://buildbookbuzz.com/blog

Victoria Jayne

Hi Charlotte,

Bookbub ads still involve targeting and can be finicky.
They tend to favor books that are free or are 99cents.
I have seen not much in the way of return on investment with their ads, but that could be due to my poor targeting marketing full price books as opposed to discount or free books.

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

Charlotte O'Shay

True. I never do an add for a full price book. Only sales. I just find it easier to target than FB or Amazon.

On Oct 7, 2020, at 9:32 PM, Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:

Hi Charlotte,

Bookbub ads still involve targeting and can be finicky.
They tend to favor books that are free or are 99cents.
I have seen not much in the way of return on investment with their ads, but that could be due to my poor targeting marketing full price books as opposed to discount or free books.

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

Victoria Jayne

Hi Charlotte,

And when you're a new author, and you're weighing the idea of not devaluing your work vs sales, it's a hard decision.

Do you mark your book at 99cents while you're writing, and teach people to expect your books to be 99cents because you only have one book to offer to you keep it at a regular price while continuing to work on books?

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

Charlotte O'Shay

Hi Victoria
With only one book I never put it on sale. And I didn’t go on Bookbub with a full price book.

On Oct 7, 2020, at 9:56 PM, Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:

Hi Charlotte,

And when you're a new author, and you're weighing the idea of not devaluing your work vs sales, it's a hard decision.

Do you mark your book at 99cents while you're writing, and teach people to expect your books to be 99cents because you only have one book to offer to you keep it at a regular price while continuing to work on books?

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

Victoria Jayne

Hi Charlotte,

Yep. It's hard for new writers with no marketing understanding. Which is why I avoided ads.

Perhaps one day, when I figure out targeting, and I have more of a backlist, I will take a stab at bookbub again

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

Cynthia Terelst

Interesting article.  Thanks for sharing.

How would you determine what is a fair amount to pay for a Silver Daggers Blog Tour?

facebook
twitter
linkedin
instagram

Cynthia Terelst

Author

Contemporary Romance | Young Adult Fiction

cynthiaterelst@...
www.cynthiaterelst.com
Create Your Own Free Signature

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 1:00 AM Victoria Jayne <AuthorVictoriaJayne@...> wrote:

Sandra Beckwith from the Build Book Buzz Blog gave me the opportunity to do a guest blog post on her amazing blog. This resource is absolutely fantastic. I highly recommend it for anyone, no matter the marketing skill level, to check it out. My article is geared more toward the just starting out author, but there is a wealth of knowledge on this blog.

Enjoy!!

https://buildbookbuzz.com/13-fiction-book-marketing-tips-from-an-experienced-novelist/

http://buildbookbuzz.com/blog

Victoria Jayne

Hi Cynthia,

It's truly pay what you can. She wants the author to be comfortable with what they pay.
If you ask her, she will tell you what others have paid her.

I believe I paid her $40 the first time on top of a $20 Amazon gift card giveaway for the tour that went to a winner

This time I plan on giving her $45 and am giving away a $25 gift card

--
Thank you,

Victoria Jayne
Author of THE PROPHECY TRILOGY

K.A. Raines

That's the boat I'm in lol. But I'm reading all of your messages and taking notes!

Kari