Topics

Poll: Erotic blog hop name #poll

Edited

You might have to visit the IO group to answer this poll. This is the first we've set up.
Here are questions regarding the name of the hop. Shall we call it...
(PS: only mods can see results until it's over. IO Group setting we can't change.)

Results

See Who Responded

Have you voted yet? Your opinion matters. Right now, the two top names are MFRW Steam and Red Hot Romance. Thanks for helping us make this hop a reality.

The votes were small, but we got MFRW Steam (written as a hashtag #MFRWsteam - so the word "steam" shows up). I suggest we include Red Hot Romance. Like "Check out the MFRW Steam Hop and find a Red Hot Romance book."
I'm pretty sure we can have this ready by Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

Lisabet Sarai

Hi, Kayelle,

So you'll set up a blogger page for this? Or do you want me to do this?

If you want me to handle the Linky List, you'll need to invite me as a blog author. (lisabetsarai69 at gmail)

Thanks!

Warmly,
Lisabet

--
D&S DUOS BOOK 6 - Two intense tales of erotic surrender

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087HHF835/
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1017280

*Imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Visit Lisabet Sarai's Fantasy Factory - http://www.lisabetsarai.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/408adebmmagaehsewadauqyazauyb/click.php )
Venture Beyond Romance - http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com ( https://ymlptr1.com/82a84ebmjapaehsewarauqyagauyb/click.php )
Follow me on Twitter: @lisabetsarai ( https://ymlptr1.com/25594ebmbanaehsewazauqyarauyb/click.php )*

Savannah <rebelromance@...>

I like including Red Hot Romance.

Run on the Wild Side of Romance

Kisses,

Savanna Kougar

The Real Cie

I really like this! I'm looking forward to getting started.

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 4:57 AM Kayelle Allen <sempervians@...> wrote:
The votes were small, but we got MFRW Steam (written as a hashtag #MFRWsteam - so the word "steam" shows up). I suggest we include Red Hot Romance. Like "Check out the MFRW Steam Hop and find a Red Hot Romance book."
I'm pretty sure we can have this ready by Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

Edited

I've set up the blog. Right now, there isn't much to see, but here's the link. I gave it a "kiss" theme, but we can change that. I invited you Lisabet. Once you accept I'll make you the admin. https://mfrwsteam.blogspot.com
I didn't set it to require a captcha for comments, but I do have it set to turn off comments after 5 days. That will help keep spammers out. Still a lot of work to do. Because Lisabet is in an Asian time zone, she won't be able to see changes in a timely fashion if we start this week. She and I both think it would be better to start on the 23rd. That will give us a week of practice before our first big hop.
To coincide with RT day (a day when we retweet for each other) we should start officially on July 7th.
On RT day, those in the hop could share their blog's link with the hashtag and gain more views. Keep in mind, however, that not everyone taking part in RT day will be willing to share posts with erotic wording or hashtags. An author of sweet romance isn't likely to share a tweet with the hashtag #BDSM :) If needed, we can adjust to a different RT day for erotic posts. But for now, let's try it as it is and see what results we get.
The Steam hop will be open to all flavors of erotic/a. This is intended to be an open and welcoming hop.
Any questions?

ketadiablo

Kayelle and Lisabet, Thanks so much for working on this and setting this up. Much appreciated. Should be a 'good time.'
"Find Me on the Internet Here!"

I SPY A DEMON (Urban Fantasy) - Now on Kindle Unlimited

Lisabet Sarai

Thanks for setting up the blog, Kayelle. I've joined and tested that I can create posts.

Our current plan, folks, is for the first "test" MFRW Steam hop to take place on Tuesday 23 June. However, the "official" opening, which will coincide with Retweet Day, will be July 7th.

I plan to set up the Linky List on the Friday before each hop. Does that seem reasonable?

In case you haven't done one of these before, here is the basic process:

1) Create a blog post (for this hop, presumably featuring an excerpt from one of your steamier titles!) and schedule it for Steam Tuesday. Ideally, you should set up your posts to appear very early, e.g. 3AM if you are in the US. Don't forget that there's a big world out there! Some of us are 12 or more hours ahead of the US. You want the largest number of people possible to see your post!

2) Go to the Steam sign-up blog (https://mfrwsteam.blogspot.com) on the Friday before the hop. Be sure you have the *exact link* to your own post - not just a general link to your blog. (I can tell you how to get this on Blogger; hopefully someone else can provide the same information for WP.)

3) The Linky List signup will be available near the bottom of the sign-up post. Look for "You are next... Click here to enter". Click on the link, then type in your information: link title, link URL, your name and your email. Then click "Enter Your Link".

This will put the link to your post into the list for the hop.

4) NOW - to make the hop effective, you need to go back to your own post, and add the list of links at the end. How do you do that?

Under the list of links on the Steam sign-up blog, you'll see another link labeled: "Get the code here". When you click this, you'll see two different snippets of JavaScript code. Copy the one that is appropriate (it depends on your blogging platform). Then go to your own blog, edit the hop post, switch to HTML (that is, not "What You See is What You Get"), and paste the code snippet at the end of your post. Then save/republish your post.

The cool thing about Linky Lists is that your post will show everyone who added their link - even if they signed up after you put the code in your blog. So whoever visits your steam post will be able to easily click over to visit the other participants - and vice versa!

Any questions, just ask! That's what we're here for.

If you want to see how it works, sign-up for the MFRW Book Hooks hop... today! (Hop is tomorrow.)

Warmly,
Lisabet