Topics

Facebook Jail #education

Helen Henderson

I know posting too much or too often can land you in FB jail.. Does anyone have any experience or guidance as to the number of posts that will get your account locked up? My publisher is putting one of my series on sale which means I am going to be doing a lot more FB posts than usual. And I can't afford to go afowl of the algorithms and have my account locked for 2 or 3 days, let alone 14 or 21.

_____________________________________
Helen Henderson
Stories of romance and adventure in worlds of imagination

Windmaster Legend
Land versus sea. An impossible quest. The accusation of witchcraft. Can love survive?

Herbert Grosshans

I’ve never heard of that happening. Why would FB care how much you post?

Herbert Grosshans

http://hegro.blogspot.com

I know posting too much or too often can land you in FB jail.. Does anyone have any experience or guidance as to the number of posts that will get your account locked up? My publisher is putting one of my series on sale which means I am going to be doing a lot more FB posts than usual. And I can't afford to go afowl of the algorithms and have my account locked for 2 or 3 days, let alone 14 or 21.

_____________________________________

Helen Henderson
Stories of romance and adventure in worlds of imagination

Windmaster Legend
Land versus sea. An impossible quest. The accusation of witchcraft. Can love survive?

Jill James

I’ve heard it isn’t how much you post but if you put the same post in multiple places—they see it as spam.

Sugar Sprinkled Memories ~ coming soon
Christmas Cookies on Main Street ~ now available

bellescarlettauthor@...

I set up an alternate account under another name for posting to FB groups in case Facebook jail ever happens to me, but it never has.
--

Belle Scarlett

Website M'blog Amazon Audible Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Belle on Triberr (Tribe me!) Goodreads The Naughty Literati Naughty Blog/@naughtyliterati

BOOKS

Margo Bond Collins

My understanding is that two things will do it: posting too quickly in too many groups or pages, or posting the exact same wording too many times. Ways to avoid that include changing up the wording a little every five posts or so and taking your time when you post. (My PA and I both post this way, and so far, we've stayed out of FB jail. But of course, I can't promise this will work forever, FB being what it is...)

Tag me when you release and I'll be happy to share to my own groups and pages.   https://www.facebook.com/margocollins (my personal profile) and https://www.facebook.com/margobondcollins (my FB page).

Good luck with your release!  💙💙💙

~Margo
_________________________

Margo Bond Collins
New York Times Bestselling Author

~ Aim for the Heart ~

_________________________

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:23 PM <bellescarlettauthor@...> wrote:
I set up an alternate account under another name for posting to FB groups in case Facebook jail ever happens to me, but it never has.
--

Belle Scarlett

Website M'blog Amazon Audible Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Belle on Triberr (Tribe me!) Goodreads The Naughty Literati Naughty Blog/@naughtyliterati

BOOKS

I never post in more than 10 Facebook groups per day and that seems to be OK. I post directly in the groups rather than share from my page. Also never post buy links on someone's personal page, even if they invite you to, as that will result in the post being flagged as spam. Posting buy links in author (business) page and groups is OK.

Alice

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:21 PM helenhenderson_author via Groups.Io <helenhenderson_author=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I know posting too much or too often can land you in FB jail.. Does anyone have any experience or guidance as to the number of posts that will get your account locked up? My publisher is putting one of my series on sale which means I am going to be doing a lot more FB posts than usual. And I can't afford to go afowl of the algorithms and have my account locked for 2 or 3 days, let alone 14 or 21.

_____________________________________
Helen Henderson
Stories of romance and adventure in worlds of imagination

Windmaster Legend
Land versus sea. An impossible quest. The accusation of witchcraft. Can love survive?

Tina Donahue

That happened to me a while back. To be safe, I post no more than 5 posts on 5 different FB groups at one time - wait an hour - then post the next 5 and so on. Since I'm a member of 50+ groups, it takes awhile to get all the posts out, but FB hasn't stopped me for years.

Also important - I use a different graphic (teaser) on each of the 5 posts. I've learned if you use the same graphic/wording on each post, they'll stop you quicker. Therefore, for each book, I create 10 graphics and rotate them within the 50+ groups. So far that's worked.

Good luck!

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

Tina Donahue

You can post the same wording (I do), but switch the graphics in each post.

I've been doing that for years and they no longer stop me.

--
Tina

--
Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

PASSIONATE PURSUIT - “The story is brimming with risqué retorts and searing sex scenes.” Publishers Weekly
WICKED WHISPERS - 5 STAR REVIEWS
MUZZLING THE BEAST - 5 STAR REVIEWS
DEEP WITHIN ME (4 STARS - ROMANTIC TIMES)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

Helen Henderson

Thanks everyone. That is exactly the info I was looking for. I was in FB jail a long time ago because they didn't like the word quirky in a blog title. I'm rotating through three graphics, only posting to 2 or 3 groups at a time (direct posting rather than sharing)  with a minute or two between, and no more than 20 groups a day. A family member tried to create a profile to help with but we refused to send fb the social security card and drivers license they kept demanding.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't run afoul of the algorithm. Thanks again. Helen
--

_____________________________________
Helen Henderson
Stories of romance and adventure in worlds of imagination

Windmaster Legend
Land versus sea. An impossible quest. The accusation of witchcraft. Can love survive?

Bernadette Duquette

Thank you for all this info. I’ve been busted twice and could never find out why.
Listening to you now I think I know.

On Dec 24, 2019, at 3:40 PM, helenhenderson_author via Groups.Io <helenhenderson_author@...> wrote:

[...]

You know you mentioned that FB wanted your social security card and driver’s license. I wanted to set up an account with Amazon so I could sell some stuff there. They wanted all kinds of information, like my bank account number, a copy of my credit card statement and a copy of my passport.  I did send them a copy of my driver’s license, but they wanted more identification. That’s where I quit. There is too much info about me out there as it is. I will never give anyone my passport or social insurance number.

Herbert Grosshans

Thanks everyone. That is exactly the info I was looking for. I was in FB jail a long time ago because they didn't like the word quirky in a blog title. I'm rotating through three graphics, only posting to 2 or 3 groups at a time (direct posting rather than sharing)  with a minute or two between, and no more than 20 groups a day. A family member tried to create a profile to help with but we refused to send fb the social security card and drivers license they kept demanding.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't run afoul of the algorithm. Thanks again. Helen
--

Helen Henderson
Stories of romance and adventure in worlds of imagination

Windmaster Legend
Land versus sea. An impossible quest. The accusation of witchcraft. Can love survive?

Marian Lanouette

When I first started posting, I got put in Jail twice. I notified Facebook and they let me out. I now only post to 10 groups at a time and leave 20 minutes in between. Facebook told me their algorism picks on constant posting, and it feels it's an advertiser, so they block them and you get locked out. If you post slowly (do several posting in a word doc you can copy with  your links and changed them up with each post) you'll be find.
Good luck and Happy Holidays everyone.
Marian Lanouette